Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Saturday, December 09, 2006

"When Christmas comes this year"

Here's a little "CHRISTMASY INFO" about me :)

You're Name: Nikki Bowers
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate.....Egg Nog is disgusting
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Don't have the need to yet...
5. When do you put your decorations up? In my apartment this year I put them up a week BEFORE thanksgiving.. at home we do it after thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed Potates or mom's Overnight Salad
7. Favorite Holiday memory: This one time I asked for a TV/VCR for Christmas or a car stereo (really wanted the TV/VCR though) and my parents got the present at Alco where I worked, I had questioned everyone I worked with if they sold my parents my Christmas present and no one would share with me except one guy, "Bo" He told me that I got the TV for Christmas. Bo felt terrible for telling me so he confessed to my parents and then my parents decided to pull the bigest "prank" on me ever. They had me believing that they took back the TV/VCR and had my grandma come up and talk to me "secretly" to let me know that my parents took the TV back and got me the car stereo instead and she wanted me to put on the happiest face in the world so that I wouldn't show a dissapointed face. Later I mentioned that conversation to my mom and my mom acted really upset because grandma had spoiled my Christmas... (even though she sent her to tell me) later that night we opened presents and I got my box (in the shape of a car stereo) and opened it. It was a box of rocks (which in reality was what I deserved) with a note in it that said "Your present is upstairs in your room" my parents snuck the TV upstairs and had me totally suprised. It was great!; Another great memory was the time I cried when my my mom guessed her Christmas present I bought her... Those silly Fuzzy Slippers :)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was a pretty smart kid, I was 3
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes, we always open at least one gift sometimes all.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With garland, and lights and ornaments...
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as it's warmer outside... when then temp drops below thirty I kinda grow a bitterness to snow.
12.Can you ice skate? Yes... Well... I have the ability to ice skate, but phyiscally I am incapable because my knee is need of surgery and I can't without fear of doing worse damage. (I put that last bit in for my mom, cuz we all know I'm stubborn and would probably go anyway ;)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Haha, well the barbie mini-van from years ago ranks up there... and the TV and Gameboy that I begged for for year... my coffee pot :D and my purple sweater.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheese Cake, Frog-eye salad, or pecan pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Meat and Cheese tray, Veggie tray for mom and I on Christmas eve (while dad stinks up the house with oyster stew) then we read from Luke 2 and open presents. Then it used to be a tradition that we watched home alone 2, but we quit that a few years ago....sad
17. What tops your tree? Either an Angel that lights up or this crinkly paper angel that's really cute
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving... I'm a Christmas shop-a-holic. I've already got most of my Christmas shopping done, and I was sooo anxious to give my presents I had to make myself leave my parents presents here at school when I went home for Thanksgiving because I wanted to give them to them now! Hehe, I have a hard time fighting the urges... actully I wasn't able to fight one of my urges... Lisa already got her present. I'm such a kid!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? From a Sacred standpoint: "O Come, O Come Emanuel" From a secular stand point: Sleigh Ride
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Candy Canes should be all year round... there's nothing better than reading a good book and sucking on candy canes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Add a comment