Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Friday, December 29, 2006

Faced with the choice...


I went home to Wyoming for Christmas, (yes I still call Wyoming home) and while I was in the Gillette Wal-Mart I ran into one of my girls from camp this year, Larrissa. (she's the one on my lap in the photo) She was sooo excited to see me and I got a big hug from her then her and her mom asked if I would mind having her in my cabin again this year at camp. My heart broke for a split second as I got the nerve to tell them I wasn't going to camp, but going to China instead. I know that China is an opportunity that will never come again and something I need to do, but my girls are sooo important and to give up those precious girls who have made just as much of an impact in my life as I have theirs is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. In a few years these girls won't be interested in camp anymore, it'll become a memory of the past and I feel like I have not invested as much into their lives as I should have, am I really willing to lose that for a summer??

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Sometimes we have to give up something that is good to do what is best. Whatever God wants you to do is what is best. Sometimes giving up something can be the hardest thing ever, but it turns out to be the best thing ever, because it's what God wants! And if we try to keep that thing that isn't the "best" thing, we will know in the back of our mind that we SHOULD have done the "best" thing.
Yeah, I hope that makes sense.

Add a comment