Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Women's Rights

I would never never never classify myself as a feminist in extrimity, but today while I was scurrying around my room because this carpenter we know was coming to measure the windows in the house. I'm not 100% sure, but I know his entire family are the kind who think women should be at home at all times, should be seen and not heard, (anyone who knows me knows that's not me (0= ) pants are a no-no and me going to college for a career is not something they'd ever consider for their daughter. As I was cleaning my room trying to hide the "Mummy" in my video rack, and those nasty BSB CD's (if you weren't from that era, I'll clue you in 'BSB' (backstreet boys) were the biggest thing since sliced bread in my my Jr. High days... and yeah, I still have the CD's the best part about being an adult is that I don't have to hide them from my parents anymore) but as I was "hiding" I decided that while I was hiding the offensive things I would stratigically place the papers I have concerning Med School or Vet School in a place where they were pretty much unavoidable to the eye... hehe I'm terrible!!!! Then I placed my class list for next semester right next to it... I don't know, but I realized today that though I'm not all about the feminist movement, I am all about being able to make a life for myself and doing something I've always dreamed of doing until I do have a family, and anyone who wouldn't let their daughters do the same really tick me off. :)

1 Comments:

It's called "independence" and "individuality." Each of us has to decide what and who we are going to be. We shouldn't live by other people's rules...only by God's!

Add a comment