Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Saturday, March 03, 2007

One Blow After Another...and God is Still Sovereign

This week has been a very emotional trying week for me. I came up on the end of last weekend with a false sence of hope and a very excited emotion. It's funny cuz 3 weeks ago after a chapel message I prayed that the Lord would give me an opportunity to be a selfless friend. I was thinking down the lines of helping people out when I had a load of stuff to do kinda thing, but I've learned to be careful of what you ask the Lord because that which man considers sufice, the Lord requires so much more! Had I known what the Lord was going to use to try me with selflessness, I probably wouldn't have prayed for it because it is sooo easy for me to give up time, money, and sleep for people, but to give up people for people... that's the one area where I am the most selfish and God knew that. I can't and won't go into details but it was hard, and did I prevail and prove selfless? Not entirely, and for that I am ashamed, but I am excited to say that I did recognize that this was the hand of God working, I can see it, feel it and though my heart aches it is good.
This week another interesting drama has happened with another one of my friends. The Lord is really working in her life. She has been so content living here in town, working 2 jobs and "surviving" but the Lord saw fit to take her van away from her by causing her engine to die and having it cost $1000 + to have it fixed.... $1000+ more than she has. Through this all though the Lord has once again showed himself in control of the situation and providing her with a substitute vehicle until she knows what exactly she is going to do with her life. Another friend that the Lord may be taking away from me... and yet the way He is working in her life and the way He's proved himself faithful tells me that all of this is Good.
Other litttle trials this week affecting me is that this is the one week where my backbone, Justina is gone on choir tour and so the shoulder I would normally cry on is gone and she was supposed to come back last night with the rest of the choir but she ended up hurting herself and had to stay behind at home and go to the Dr. So she is still not here. But God is still Good. And last night her roommate got into a car accident but with the exception of her poor little car, she is alright, God protected her... God is still Good.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

I know I'm not around much, but I'm definitely available if you need a shoulder to cry on! I think you definitely deserve it after all of my crying on your shoulder! :D Just call me up if you need anything! I'll come as soon as I'm available!
Thanks :) You are too sweet!

Add a comment