Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"You are HIS Valentine..."

"You are his valentine, his only valentine, you make him happy when skies are grey, you never know dear, how much he loves you, please don't take his valentine away." AH! I head that one to many times today and every time I wanted to cry because it wasn't for me...So after wearing all black today I realized how idiotic I was being. You know those people who you would never look to for serious advice? The kind of people who are always there, easy to talk to but rarely helpful? The kind of people that everyone assumes is a philisophical, theological, psychological "blackhole" but then when necessity calls for it end up being the most helpful/ profitable tap you've ever had? Yeah, I realized that today. The person that frosts my toes more often than not and the one person who I fight with more than anyone in the world has turned out to be one of the greatest influences, helps, and friends I've ever had in my life. Today I was "moping" about and even broke into tears about a current situation in my life, and there was my friend with a bible verse in mind and stern condimation in his mouth. He said some things I really needed to hear and was correct in his assumptions (which yet again frosts my toes, and yet it was what I needed the most.) Sometimes the thorns that God places in your life are essential for growth, they build resistenace, but even the toughest thorns have their soft spots. So yeah, Valentines day, not one of my most favorite days of the year, mainly because of my own bitter attitude and the fact that my parents never made a big deal out of it so I go through the entire day, without a valentine and yeah I will admit, I was bitter and frustrated and wishing more than anything I could just go crawl in a hole and die... but I was reminded of something; There are a boatload of people who do care about me and are rather concerned for me at this present moment, but more importantly I have a God who loves me more than any other influence in my life could and that is the greatest Valentine ever.

0 Comments:

Add a comment