Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Friday, February 09, 2007

Setting the Right Atmosphere:

I am negative. Probably one of the most negative people you know. I am alwaysing whining about something. Today in Human Relations, Mr. Kolwinska suggested an attitude that females should portray in order to maintain a healthy household. Now, he was talking about married life, but his example rang clear in my ears. When people spend time with me, do they feel tense and frustrated with every word I speak? Do I make people dread spending time with me? I wonder sometimes if I do. I know that my attitude in many situations is less than desirable. I know I do not pocess that "sweet-spirited" quality that many women I look up to possess. I want that quality. After that class I went right ahead to chapel where Dr. Oats talked about being an encouragment. The thought struck me again, do people walka way after spending time with me being blessed or down-trodden? Do I encourage my brothers? Or do I make them want to find the nearest cliff and jump off? Last night I was talking to one of my friends on the phone, we kinda joke about being each others venting ground because 80% of his communication to me is whining and 99% of my communication is whining, but he suggested that maybe we could try something positive for once. Then after my class and chapel I realized that God is trying to tell me something. A positive spirit is more desirable amoung friends than a negative one. I just want to take this moment to thank all my friends for putting up with Captain whiny you all deserve saint-hood!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Add a comment