Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Thursday, February 08, 2007

My God's Greater than that;

I've recently been reading through Exodus, I've always enjoyed reading the Old Testament stories and all the great miracles that were preformed for the children of Israel and the prophets, but rarely do I ever make those simple stories into practical use. This last week I've been on an emotional low and to top that off I've been sick. (Ear infection/sinus infection) So my attitude has been less than pleasant. But as I was reading the passage of scripture yesterday about how God downed the Egyptians who were chasing the Israelites, in the Red Sea moments after he allowed the Israelites to pass through on dry ground. And I thought to myself! HOW SHALLOW MY THINKING IS!? The very same God who parted the Red Sea, the God who gave manna from Heaven, the same God who changed bitter waters into sweet waters and caused waters to flow from a rock, That same God is the ruler of my life, and if he could control those situations, and did things that were impossible (and still is impoosible) to do 4000 years ago, He can definitely control every aspect in my life and make them turn out a whole lot better than I could. It's when the murmmering and the bitterness sets in that God has to allow adverse affects to settle into my life. I am sooo thankful for a God who is greater than any of my problems!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Add a comment