Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What I am Missing

Today my dad and I went to the nursing home like we do every Tuesday to do a bible study. I usually go along, play the piano for them and then sit back in a corner and observe while my dad does his bible-study. Then we go to the Alzihemer's ward and we sing hymns and dad reads scripture for a half and hour. Today it was an odd day for me because as I was sitting back and observing I was observing something that made me incredibly envious. In the 1st service I was watching old Mr and Mrs. Harms sitting together and making "googly eyes" at each other and later on she told us that they were excited about being together for Christmas this year because she was supposed to be taken to another assisted living place by order of her Doctor, but plans got changed and now she can be in the nursing home with her husband over Christmas... How touching. In the 2nd service we deal with people who have basically lost it and have no clue where they are or who they are but there was this old man and old lady who were reverting back to their teen years and were "dating at the show" during our bible-sing-a-long time. They thought they were on a date together and though it was really disturbing in a way because neither of them knew what was going on, it was soo cute an innocent it was as if they were teenage sweethearts... Ahhhhh! I never used to be so wrapped up in this romantic gibberish that makes a person weak in the knees but now all the sudden I find myself wishing that I could have someone, not just anyone either. I think I might have made a mistake...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

I'm a little confused about the "mistake" part...
Oh, yeah, and I completely understand what you mean. At the nursing home service on Sunday, I was talking to Carol, and she said that she promised her husband that she would never leave him. He hardly ever recognizes her. But, she kisses him every day, and she knows that he recongnizes her when she sees his lips move to try to kiss her! How cute, and sad at the same time. But it made me want to have someone...a special someone...to be able to make a promise like that, then KEEP that promise...and it's especially hard at this time of the year, for me, anyways. Oh well! If God wants it, He will work it all out!
That makes 2 of us who are confused about the mistake part :)
What is that supposed to mean?

Add a comment