Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Monday, December 18, 2006

Home for the Holidays:

Well finals are finally over, I am home for Christmas break, and it is nice. I never realized how much fun I have when I am home. My family is sooo cool. Today my dad said something to me that made me realize how much my parents enjoy me. (I always figured I had to be a pain in their butt, they never gave me that impression, but hehe, if I were them I couldn't wait to get me out of the house.) he said "We have no fun when you're not around" Which, in my dad's broken grammar means that they miss me. They wouldn't do their Christmas shopping until I came home and helped them. I love it. It's kind of a weird tradition but about the week before Christmas we all go to Wal-Mart, I go with mom while we send dad off to nowhere'sville while we buy his present then dad and I do the same with mom later... then they both try to get rid of me to do the same for me... but they haven't stumped me with my gifts yet...hehehe. I also came to realize today that while mom was out buying Dad and I's Christmas present we got the duty of grocery shopping... Dad and I should not be allowed to shop together, it's a terrible thign because we kinda forget what we are there for and buy lots of good... ahem...junk. hehe I love it! If you get the chances to spend time with your family and do odd little things like shop together and stuff, take advantage of it, enjoying the family God's given you is a joy you'll never understand until you let yourself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Awwwwe! Sounds like you're glad to be home! That's good! Enjoy it while you can!

Add a comment