Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Friday, December 01, 2006

A calling:

You come to a point in your life when you wonder if what you are doing is really what you want to do. You sit back and ponder all the decisions you've made thus far and ask yourself "is this honestly the best desicion for my life?" I wonder that often, but Tuesday in my Chemistry and Physics teaching class Dr. Corrick (A teacher for 48 years) got up infront of the entire class and poured out his heart to us. It realyl changed my outlook on teaching. I often wonder in the midst of these projects, papers, and frustrations if teaching is really what I want to do for the rest of my life. I wonder if I really have the guts to stand up infront of a class of children and mold their lives with the words I say, I wonder if I have the knowledge to answer their tough classes, I wonder if I have the patience to handle all the little quirks that comes with little kids that are not my own, I wonder if I will really enjoy teaching... but that's not what teaching is... teaching isn't centered on "I" teaching is centered on them! What about the children, what about the chance to have an impact on the world? This thought was confirmed once again on Wednesday night as one of my girls in my bible class came up to me beaming with excitment that she had almost finished the devotions book I bought her a couple of months ago and wanted me to look at it and read all the answers she wrote in it and wanted another one. Then the preceded to tell me that she wanted to stay in my class forever. This little girl was once very hard and snotty, and I thought to be someone who would just end up slipping through the cracks, but I made an impact... THAT is what teaching is all about.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Add a comment