Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pew Puke

How many times a month do you sit in your pew at church? What else do you do? Do you participate in the worship service activly or do you just sit in your pew, mouth the words to a few hymns, sit in the message and flip your bible open to the passages that the pastor preaches from so it looks like your mind is actively engaging in the message when really you are millions of miles away. That is me most Sunday Mornings. I try to listen, for the first 10 minutes of the message but inevitably I get caught up in my own day dreams or "to-do" list and the next thing I know I come back about the last verse of the invitation hymn and every week I condemn myself for it yet for some reason I cannot change it! This sunday was no different for me but to my utter shock during the invitation a young lady went forward to get saved. I saw her walk up the isle. Pastor grinning from ear to ear looked through the congregation to find a woman to counsel her and immediatly looked at me. I was excited about the opportunity but convicted beyond belief for my lack of concentration through the message and my own lack of dedication in trying to apply the message to my own life, and yet the Lord deemed it fit for me to counsel the lady. I don't understand why He picked me, but It was the wake-up call I needed. I realized that even though Sunday Morning service is my "break" from ministry, the Lord can still use me and I need to have my focus set correctly on Him and not myself.. Ouch, what a hard lesson to learn. Don't be a Pew Puke People it's not good.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Add a comment