Hasty, haphazardish, OFF-HAND... yup that's pretty much who I am =)

SlapDash

Monday, October 30, 2006

Content...or not?

For the first time in my life I've came to the realization that I am actully pretty content where I am at right now. God's given me wonderful parents and extended family who--- I need to write more, but that's beside the point---who care for me, listen to me, and help me out wherever they can. God has also given me awesome friends who also care for me, listen to me, help me out, chew me out, and whatever else they can do. I am sooo thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. Up until very recently I was rather frustrated with life, I didn't have "exactly what I wanted, exactly when I wanted it" and I was impatient (I will admit there are days when I still am too, it's called human nature and you can't rid yourself of it entirely) but I was constatly unhappy and always dwelling on the lack of a certain aspect of my life. But now that I really sit back and think about it, I'm totally enjoying what I have here and I am not going to cloud it by worrying about what the future might bring. Maybe God will lead me to a certain place/person that I want, (which I believe He may be) or maybe He has something else, either way I'm not going to let it worry me now. God's got an awesome plan and though I don't get it now, I'm not going to obsess about it because it just depresses me and makes me focus on something that isn't there yet when I really should be focusing on NOW.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Amen, sister!

Add a comment